Monday, May 17, 2010

Of all the things i miss most in this world of mine, nothing can surpass the rindu i have of having parents.

I am part of a sizeable group of anak yatim piatu who have lost both their parents at an early age. It really is quite sad to think of all the orphans living in this world today that depends so much on the guidance and belah kasihan of the adult among them, be it their guardian, uncle, aunty, etc.

From experience i can say that the compassion shown towards these orphans are truly genuine albeit for a period of time only. time as they say heals and soon the feeling of saddness and absence is soon filled with the daunting responsibility of everyday lives.

No one can blame individuals who could not afford to spend a little time to be compassionate towards these orphans because probably their plate are full already. In all honesty, people dont need the extra burden of somebody else when what they have is too much for them to cope as it is. After all, why make someone else's problem your own?

i read recently in a motivational book that truly inspired me. it says :

"To achieve all the things you want in life, you must first help enough people achieve what they want in their life."

So here i am today trying to preach to anyone who cares to read this blog, to pls take some time and donate to orphans, be it in material form or just a doa.

I will soon start a charity aimed at helping young or unfortunate mothers with infants because nothing is more cruel or depressing to hear than a mother abandoning her own child due to lack of moral or money.

It is really moving to learn that some mothers could not breast feed their baby and have to resort to giving only plain water.

Everyday for the past week i am reminded of this truly devastating predicament as published in various tabloids how parents compromise the safety and well being of their infants due to the nation's rising economic crisis.

i leave u now with some food for thought in hope we can make a difference with just a little bit of change in our indifference.

http://www.bharian.com.my/bharian/articles/Bayiditinggaldalampondok/Article/index_html

2 comments:

  1. *whimper*

    nice and at same time filling entry..food for thought tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Salam
    I was talking about you with Aiman tonight, about how quick and willing you were when I spoke to you of our mission to bring enlightenment and knowledge to reverts, single mothers and orphans to Kuching last week. He then told me about this blog of yours and I was dumbstruck when I read the first sentence in this post..

    There is absolutely no way I could ever say "I know how you feel". Even at this age of nearly 50 I still have a mum to live with.

    But I really wanted to empathise and try to feel what the orphans attending the programme were feeling, having lost their parents at such an early age, just like you did. And having to grow up amongst friends only, and make do with whatever their guardians are able to provide them with. They are not as lucky as you are, they have no one who could support them physically or financially or both.

    But the feeling of loss and the yearning is the same, as no amount of money could ever be a reprieve. I try to help whenever and with whatever I can, but after reading your post I am spurred to go all the way to do my bit for these children.

    my doa' is with you and your siblings, and may Allah swt shower his blessing and rahmah on your parents, and place them among the righteous.

    Auntie Aniza

    ReplyDelete